Gandaki University is an educational organization established in 2019 by the Government of Gandaki Province, Nepal to provide world-class higher education and to produce highly skilled graduates in key disciplines, with a major focus on meeting the demand of 21st century.
It has mandate to run courses that are more relevant and appropriate to produce much competitive and skilled full human resource aiming to serve at the Province, national as well as international arena as well. In its second year of establishment, Gandaki University has already initiated degree program in the areas of Information Technology, Laboratory Technology and Nursing. To expand its academic degree program, University has been working in line with ‘Need Assessment ‘and to formulate its Strategic Plan as well as Work-Plan focusing to next 10 years.
With the declaration of Nepal as a Federal Democratic Republic State by the constitution of 2015, the first federal constitution of the country has brought many departures from the previous constitutions in terms of restructuring of the state, and diversity management through inclusion. Provincial governments have been empowered to establish higher education institutions in Nepal and Gandaki University therefore is a product of the new constitution. However, today there are several issues and challenges in developing world-class higher education in a rapidly changing country and world.
The major issues include:
- replacing old curriculums by new to meet the country’s needs for employment and development.
- engaging faculty in research activities; building new infra-structures,
- transforming students into professional graduates and developing students’ knowledge into practice,
- converting teaching methods approach from- “chalk and talk” to PowerPoint,
- making teaching – learning more interactive, and
- implementing academic calendar.
All these issues must be solved to meet the standards of world class education and produce human resource for building a prosperous nation.
Under this context, Gandaki University has been organizing an International Conference in March 2021 with the objective to collect much pertinent information to this effect through scientific sharing, meeting and discussion about the Higher Education in Nepal by focusing priorities and strategic needs of Gandaki Province.
Silent features of the Conference:
- Scientific paper presenters will include eminent Scientists/Professors/Scholars from Europe, USA, Asia and the region representing different disciplines including human health, Engineering, Natural Resource Management, Tourism-Hospitality Management, Socio-Economic and the related areas.
- At least 10 scientific papers will be presented and each paper will be commented by the eminent scholar to facilitate wider discussion, entertaining questions, feedback/inputs and suggestions
- The main focused area of presentation my include, but not limited to-modality of establishing Technology and Vocational Academy aiming to create more Employment opportunities; ways and options for developing collaborative Research in Nepal; Entrepreneurship Education for Nepal; 21st century Academic Planning and Implementation for higher education, Strengthening and developing modern technology and creating opportunities for Mountain farming by focusing Livestock, Fisheries and Horticulture Farming, and Information Technology
- Local and domestic participants will include researchers, scientists, Professors, scholars and students covering several related disciplines to the scientific paper presentation.
- At least 75 participants, excluding the paper presenters and foreign delegates will attend the conference
- Book of Abstract will be published and distributed during the time of conference, and Proceedings of the Conference will be published by incorporating all scientific papers.
We invite research-based papers from a wide range of scholars in Nepal and overseas of various disciplines mainly science, agriculture, climate change, and technology for the 2021 international conference to be held in Pokhara, Nepal. Therefore, GU welcomes abstracts of papers on the conference theme – ” Higher Education in Nepal: Priorities and Strategies.”
By inviting a large number of scholars – both native and foreign – together, GU endeavors to create a space of academic debate and knowledge production in the field of higher education with concentration on the current higher education problems and issues ( For example deteriorated teaching learning environment and fallen quality) that Nepal is undergoing .
Through this conference, GU aims to identify critical issues in higher education and generate knowledge that will benefit the whole higher education sector in Nepal. Further GU plans to publish the selected papers in a form of proceedings.
- The abstract should not exceed 300 words.
- The title of the paper, a short description of research method and major arguments/findings should be clearly stated in the abstract.
- A one –page CV of the author should be attached.
- The full paper should not exceed 6,000 words.
- For formatting citations, referencing, bibliography, etc. Please follow the APA style guide.
Dates to remember
- Abstract submission deadline: March 10
- Notification of the accepted abstracts: March 15
- Full paper submission deadline: March 25
All the paper presenters are expected to make their own travel arrangements.
Food and accommodation are arranged by GU.
Abstract Submission Deadline: March 10, 2021
Notification of the accepted abstracts: March 15, 2021
Full paper submissions deadline: March 25, 2021
For submission of the abstracts, papers or for any other queries; Please write to:
Conference Organizing Committee