Bank Account for Admission
Bank Name: NMB Bank, Amarsingh Branch , Pokhara
Account No.: 1240144424100016
Account Name: GANDAKI UNIVERSITY AAYA KHATA
Where is Gandaki University (GU) Located?
What kind of degree does the university provide?
- Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT) degree.
- Bachelor in Sports Management (BSM) degree.
- Bachelors of Pharmacy (B. Pharm)
- Bachelors of Business Administration (BBA) Degree
- Bachelors of Arts Bachelors of Law (B.A.LL.B) Degree /* five years program
Are there any special provision for getting admission?
Yes, through placement quota.
Various Quotas ( Ladies, Provincial, Janajati, Madheshi, Dalit, Staff)
Any special scholarship to be offered?
- Entrance Toppers (boy and girl each for each stream): Except admission fee, no other fees shall be paid during entire graduating years.
- Free semester tuition fee for semester topper not to be paid for consecutive next semester, for each stream
How can we apply for these degrees?
- Applications are open and are available:
- Gandaki University Offices
How much is the application Fee? And how can we pay?
- Each application will cost Nrs. 1500.
- Payment can be made via Online (e.g. eSewa) or Offline (Bank Deposit). Bank Account Details are printed in the Application Form itself.
What is the course curriculum of BIT like?
- BIT is a four-year full time study program spread over eight semesters, consisting of 47 courses and with the total academic load of 138 credit hours:
- The curriculum is designed to enhance theory and practical skills of the students. It is based on project works, technical writings, as well as internship and research components.
- Major courses include Computer Programming, Mobile and Web App development, Software engineering, Database Applications, Management and Accounting, Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Security, DevOps, Data Mining and Big Data, Research Methodology, etc.
- Elective courses will extend study domains on various fields such as Machine Learning, Data Science, Business, Software Development, Remote Sensing, Geographic Information System, Digital Marketing, Networks and Internets, etc.
Where will the classes for the BIT Program run?
- Mahendrapool, Pokhara ( alongside Nepal Telecom Building)
What will be the total cost of the BIT program?
- Regular program costs a total of NRS 4,48,000 (including exam fees and refundable deposit of 8,000)
Where will the classes for the BSM Program run?
- Damside, Pokhara 17
What will be the total cost of the BSM program?
- Regular program costs a total of NRS 3,95,000 (including exam fees and refundable deposit of 8,000)
Where will be the sports activities conducted for BSM program?
- GU have a sports facility within its premises.
- Facilities available at Pokhara Rangasala, Prithvichok will also be utilized.
What is the curriculum of BSM like?
- BSM is a four-year full time study program spread over eight semesters, consisting of 52 courses and with the total academic load of 156 credit hours.
- The curriculum is designed to enhance theory and practical skills of the students. The degree comprises of Core Courses as well as Sports Science, Sports Management, Games and Sports courses. Internship is also an essential part of this curriculum.
- Major courses include Sports Organization and Administration, Sports Fitness Management, Sports Industry and Sports marketing, Entrepreneurship in Sports, Governance in Sports, Sports sociology Yoga Science, Sports Leisure and Recreation, Sports Medicine and Exercise physiology, Athlete Care and Rehabilitation, Games and Sports (e.g. Football, Cricket, Gymnastics, etc.)
- Optional Courses include area as such as Karate, Swimming, Archery, Handball, Taekwondo, Kho-kho, etc.