ELIGIBILITY TO APPLY FOR BIT PROGRAM:
Applicant should have completed SEE and/or equivalent and secondary level (10+2) of HSEB/Nepal in any discipline, or equivalent degree with at least second division (above 50%) or C+ grade or 2.0 CGPA in any discipline or Cambridge University ‘A’ Levels or Intermediate of the Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTVT), Nepal or High School Board of India, or other equivalent degrees of Universities/Colleges/Academic Institutions, recognized by the Gandaki University.
Application to this program can be made through an ‘online application’ duly submitted with all the necessary documents. The original documents should be properly scanned and submitted in pdf format with the online application. The list of documents mandatory for submission with the application are:
- Citizenship (both sides) for Nepalese or Valid passports for the foreign applicant.
- Transcript and certificates of SEE
- Transcript and certificates of 10+2
- Certificate of Equivalence (for foreign degree holders only)
- Certificate related to specific quota claims, as stated below)
- Passport size photo (not less than 5.08 cm x 5.08 cm or 2 inches x 2 inches or 600 x 600 pixels at 300 dpi) in *.jpg format. Photo should be featured with recent applicants photograph with solid white colored background, showing both ears in a view.
The online application fee for this program is NRs 1500.00 for Nepalese, USD 40 for SAARC national and USD 80 for other than SAARC national applicants. Application fees can be paid through ABS or connect IPS or Bank transfer at the below account details:
Name of the Account: Gandaki University Aaya Khata
Account No.: 1240144424100016
Bank Details: NMB Bank Limited, Amarsing Chowk, Pokhara, Nepal
In the depositor’s details, mention the applicant’s name and contact number for cross verification of the payment. All the above details with the bank deposit slips need to be submitted with the online application.
The online application will not be further processed or verified unless the application is submitted as per the given guidelines. The approved application or eligible applicants will only be permitted for the entrance examination procedure.
All the national applicants must go through the entrance examination system (except foreigners), whereas the foreign students can apply with a ‘No Objection Letter’ issued from the Ministry of Education of their own country and duly endorsed by the Embassy/Consulate of Nepal.
The syllabus for the entrance examination will be based on the SEE and 10+2 level courses. Multiple-choice questions will be asked based on the following marks distribution.
|Categories||SEE Level||10+2 Level||Remarks|
|IQ (IT and Computer Science)||10%||Entrance|
|Overall Percentage/Grade||5%||5%||Previous academic records|
|Exam Duration||–||–||75 minutes|
|Exam Full Marks||–||–||100 marks|
Multiple choice questions will be asked based on the syllabus for the entrance exam as follows:
Sets, arithmetic (time and work, profit and loss, compound interest, population growth, and compound depreciation), mensuration (area of a triangle, triangular prism, cylinder, sphere and hemisphere, cone, pyramid), algebra, geometry (triangle, construction, circle, experimental verification of theorems), trigonometry, statistics, and probability.
Grammar (part of speech, articles, transformation, question tags, suffix and prefix, conditionals, prepositions, reported speech, causative verb, relative clause, word stress rule and syllables, subject-verb agreement, active and passive voice, direct and indirect speech, collective noun), writing (essay, story, email, and letter), narration (sequence of events, describe tables, graphs, and charts), article reading (read, analyze, interpret, evaluate and summarize information), and structure and organization of the text.
Science courses (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) of Grade XII are based on the HSEB syllabus and detailed curriculum of Nepal. Physics (force, pressure, energy, heat, light, electricity, and magnetism), Chemistry ( elements, reaction, and equation, acids, base, salt, gases, metals, carbons, carbon compounds), Biology ( human body and systems, reproduction, genetics and chromosome system, circulation system, animal kingdom, and classes), Environment( universe, solar system, planets, earth, atmosphere, GPS, satellite, stars, galaxies, and the universe inner space, earthquake, volcano), etc.
IQ (Basics of Information Technology/Computer Science)
IT and its applications, cyber law and computer ethics, networking and telecommunication, internet and its services, computer security, computer virus, multimedia and its applications, computer number system, and developments in information technology in Nepal, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, smart city, etc.
40% and above score of entrance examination is the ‘Pass’ score.
The merit list will be formulated based on the entrance exam score (90%) as well as SEE (5%) and 10+2 scores (5%). Admission will be only on a merit base.
ADMISSION PROCESS AND FEES:
|S.N.||Admission Seats and Quotas||No. of Students|
|2||Gandaki Provincial Reserved Quota||4|
|3||Ladies Reserved Quota||4|
|4||Janajati Reserved Quota||2|
|5||Madheshi Reserved Quota||2|
|6||Dalit Reserved Quota||2|
|7||Foreign Reserved Quota||4|
|8||Faculty and Staff Reserved Quota||2|
Besides the above seats, a few seats are reserved for SAARC national and other foreign students.
Additional Documents for the quota claimed applications:
- Must have listed in Merit List (passed the entrance exam)
- Gandaki Provincial Reserved Quota: Must be a permanent resident of Gandaki Province.
- Ladies Reserved Quota: No additional letter or certificate is required.
- Aadibashi Janajati Reserved Quota: Letter from Indigenous Nationalities Commission (INC) or local government (municipality or village committee) is required.
- Madheshi Reserved Quota: Letter from National Madheshi Commission or local government (municipality or village committee) is required.
- Dalit Reserved Quota: Letter from National Dalit Commission or local government (municipality or village committee) is required.
- Staff Reserved Quota: Relationship Certificate and Employment Verification at Gandaki University.
- Applicants can be eligible for any one reserved quota only.
- All the reserved seat/s will be reallocated as UDF reserved seat/s if get vacant during admission.
|1||Admission fee (one-time pay)||40000|
|2||Tuition fee (semester)||45000*8||360000|
|3||Security Deposit (Refundable)||8000|