ELIGIBILITY TO APPLY FOR BSM PROGRAM:
Applicant should have completed SEE and/or equivalent and secondary level (10+2) of HSEB/Nepal in any discipline, or equivalent degree with at least second division (above 25%) or D grade or 1.6 CGPA in any discipline or Intermediate of the Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTVT), Nepal or High School Board of India, or other equivalent degree of Universities/Colleges/Academic Institutions, recognized by the Gandaki University. The applicants must be physically fit, healthy, and aged between 15 to 35 years.
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
Application to this program can be made through ‘online application’ duly submitted with all the necessary documents. The original documents should be properly scanned and submitted in pdf format with online application. The list of documents mandatory for submission with application are:
- Citizenship (both side) for Nepalese or Valid passport for foreign applicant.
- Transcript and certificates of SEE
- Transcript and certificates of 10+2
- Health Certificate issued by the registered medical physician.
- Certificate of Equivalence (for foreign degree holders only)
- Certificate related to specific quota claims, as stated below)
- Passport size photo (not less than 5.08 cm x 5.08 cm or 2 inches x 2 inches or 600 x 600 pixels at 300 dpi) in *.jpg format. Photo should be featured with recent applicants photograph with solid white colored background, showing both ears in a view.
Online application fee for this program is NRs 2000.00 for Nepalese, USD 40 for SAARC national and USD 80 for other than SAARC national applicants. Application fees can be paid through ABS or connect IPS or Bank transfer at the below account details:
Name of the Account: Gandaki University
Account No.: 3020100001948001
Bank Details: Rastriya Banijya Bank, Prithivi Chowk, Pokhara, Nepal
In the depositor’s details, mention the applicant’s name and contact number for cross verification of the payment. All the above details with the bank deposit slips needs to be submitted with the online application.
The syllabus for entrance examination will be based on the SEE and 10+2 level courses. Multiple-choice questions will be asked based on the following marks distribution.
|Categories||SEE and (10+2) courses||Remarks|
|IQ (Games and Sports)||25%||Entrance|
|Health and Physique||25%||Entrance|
|Overall Percentage/Grade||5% + 5%||Previous academic records|
|Exam duration||–||75 minutes|
|Exam Full marks||–||100 marks|
The syllabus for entrance exam is as follows:
Sets, arithmetic (time and work, profit and loss, compound interest), mensuration (area of triangle, triangular prism, cylinder, sphere and hemisphere, cone, pyramid), geometry (triangle, construction, circle, experimental verification of theorems), trigonometry, statistics, and probability
Grammar (part of speech, articles, transformation, question tags, suffix and prefix, conditionals, prepositions, reported speech, causative verb, relative clause, word stress rule and syllables, subject-verb agreement, active and passive voice, direct and indirect speech, collective noun), writing (essay, story, email, and letter), narration (sequence of events, describe tables, graphs, and charts) , article reading (read, analyze, interpret, evaluate and summarize information), and structure and organization of the text.
IQ(Games and Sports)
Common rules of common games, governing bodies, full form of the organizations related to the sports, records and history, and recent news
IQ (Health and Physique)
Basics of Human Health and Physiques
Merit list will be formulated based on entrance exam score (90%) as well as SEE (5%) and 10+2 scores (5%). Admission will be only on merit base.
|S.N.||Admission Seats and Quotas||No. of Students|
|2||Gandaki Provincial (10%) Reserved Quota||5|
|3||Ladies (8%) Reserved Quota||4|
|4||Janajati (4%) Reserved Quota||2|
|5||Madheshi (4%) Reserved Quota||2|
|6||Dalit (2%) Reserved Quota||1|
|7||Disabled (2%) Reserved Quota||1|
|8||Faculty and Staffs (2%) Reserved Quota||1|
|9||University Development Fund (UDF) (12%) Reserved Quota||6|
Besides above seats, few seats are reserved for SAARC national and other foreign students.
Additional Documents for the quota claimed applications:
- Must have listed in Merit List (passed the entrance exam)
- Gandaki Provincial Reserved Quota: Must be permanent residence of Gandaki Province (as per nationality card) and has completed SEE as well as 10+2 level at government/community school of Gandaki Province (letter provided from the degree providing School or Education Administration Office).
- Ladies Reserved Quota: No additional letter or certificate is required.
- Aadibashi Janajati Reserved Quota: Indigenous Nationalities Commission (INC) or local government (municipality or village committee).
- Madheshi Reserved Quota: National Madheshi Commission or local government (municipality or village committee).
- Dalit Reserved Quota: National Dalit Commission or local government (municipality or village committee).
- Disabled Reserved Quota: Ministry of Women, Children & Social Welfare/Nepal or local government (municipality or village committee).
- Applicant can be eligible for any one reserved quota only.
- All the reserved seat/s will be reallocated as UDF reserved seat/s if get vacant during admission.
|1||Admission fee (one time pay)||35,000|
|3||Security Deposit (Refundable)||8000|